We are looking for a high-performing Data Analyst to join our analytics practice. As an analyst, you will play an integral part of the team and work directly with our clients to provide best-in-class analytics solutions and data-driven insights. This role requires analytical curiosity and strong SQL skills, but is not a DBA or ETL developer role.
- Create meaningful business insights out of customer, transactional, and other behavioral data.
- Conduct both short- and long-term custom analytics projects, design analysis plans, and prepare client deliverables.
- Query large databases and other data sources using SQL programming languages.
- Support BI reporting development and CRM targeting efforts.
- Identify meaningful business insights out of queried data and prepare summary findings for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build relationships and communicate regularly with external clients.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent data analytic skills. Your analytical thinking is far more important than technical skills
- Curiosity when analyzing data. Documented history of thinking outside the box and creating novel solutions.
- Analytic agility. Ability to change analysis direction based on interim findings.
- Evidence of experience working with multiple, large datasets/warehouses, and ability to integrate and extract from such datasets using relevant programs and coding.
- Experience using SQL to analyze customer level data, such as POS/transactional or weblog clickstream data.
- Aptitude for refining informal analytic, reporting or query requirements to help move beyond the simple ask and surface the underlying “why”.
- Strong Excel skills. Experience and familiarity with a wide variety of Excel functions and features (well beyond pivot tables).
- Excellent communication skills. Experience explaining technical findings to non-technical audiences.
- Experience using programming languages such as R or Python to extract, manipulate, and analyze customer data is a strong plus.
- Statistical analysis experience is a plus: regression modeling, decision trees, clustering, etc.
- BS or MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Economics, Biostatistics or a field involving experimental design, probabilities and quantitative analysis.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States without restrictions or need for a work visa.
Why Work at Centriam?
- Small analytics company focused on delivering excellence and value to our clients by providing high quality analytical and data-driven solutions.
- Fun & collaborative culture; you will wear many hats and play an integral part in projects.
- Exposure to a wide variety of data analytics, cloud, and open source technologies.
- “Take what you need” vacation policy.
- 401k with generous match, vested immediately.
- Free drinks, coffee, beer, and snacks.
- Downtown Minneapolis office, connected to skyway.